Monday, September 10, 2007

Fishy Kisses

Allie and Cooper have a special bond. They always have. When he was a baby, she was sometimes the only one that could calm him. As he got a little older, his face would light up when he saw her. Now, they are playmates - they have developed little games that are all theirs. One of those games is giving each other "fishy kisses".



When I finally got pregnant with Cooper I was concerned about the age difference that he and his siblings would have. Allie was 8 1/2 and Jack was 5 when he was born... That was God's plan. Not ours. I knew that the big kids would like him when he was a baby, - Who can resist a baby? - but I wondered if they would care to have a little brother around when they were older and he was too. Well, let me tell you... they adore him. We all do. We all love to laugh at him, love on him, teach him things, play with him. While it is not the picture of the family that I thought that I would have, it is good. And when I see my kids - big and little alike - singing High School Musical songs, coloring, building legos, playing hide and seek, giving each other "fishy kisses"... I am reminded of that!

1 comment:

Emily said...

So Sweet!!! It is amazing how bonded all your kids are even with the big age gap, but how could you not fall head over heels for Coop?!?!

Related Posts with Thumbnails