Thursday, October 25, 2007

It Takes Me A While...

News. Now there is something that I am not up on. I don't ever get a chance to watch it. (And I don't really ever miss it.) If the TV is on in our house, it is usually showing some recorded kid show that we have Tivoed. Really. We don't even know how to watch live TV anymore, and watching commercials is literally against our rules. If by some miraculous chance the TV is on without Hannah Montana or The Wiggles, football is on. Of course, there is the ocasionally "grown-up" show, usually very late on a Thursday night, that we "grown ups" watch... but still, it is Tivoed (Do you think that that word is in Webster's dictionary yet?) with no commercials.

Back to my point... I never watch the news.

So, yesterday I heard about the fires in California. Oh my gosh! So sad.

Tonight I thought I would sit down on the couch - me and Fox News - and try to educate myself about that tragedy. I think I was awake for about 2 1/2 minutes before I woke up at 2am! I am sure that I could still have found some news about the fires, but at that point my brain could not take in that type of information anymore. So, I guess I will resort to what I usually do if I hear about things that I don't know about enough times. Google it. (Now, there's another phrase that Webster should include in his big book!)

It takes me a while... but I will eventually get the important news. For everything else... there are my hand-me-down, weeks-old People magazines that I read in my baths.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails