Sunday, July 19, 2009

The DMA & The Aquarium

One day last week I took Allie and Cooper to downtown Dallas while Jack was at day camp. Allie is my very artistic child - she loves to look at art and create it - so when I heard about the first Tuesday of the month being FREE at the Dallas Museum of Art, I knew where we would be this month on the first Tuesday. On that day, the museum caters to small children with crafts and such in one section which Cooper loved. The rest of the museum was normal, and Allie and I really loved looking at all of the art.

~ making his own art ~
~ Cooper's mask ~
~ Allie with a Monet ~
The black & white paintings were her favorite.
Cooper's attention didn't last as long as ours, but he was a trooper for a long time.
After the DMA, we went to The Spaghetti Warehouse where my friend James met us for lunch.

Before I was a mom, I was a nanny. The family that I worked for the longest hired me when they had a 3 year old (Jordan) and a 3 month old (James). I worked for them for almost 4 years, and by the end of that time we were all very much like family. I had been with their family through chicken pox and potty training, horrible sicknesses and hospitalizations, terrible twos and terrific twos, and vacations... and life in general. I loved those boys almost like they were my own! When I stopped working for their family, it was to come home full-time and be a mommy to the baby that I was about to have. They got busy with school, and I got busy with Allie... then Jack... then Cooper... and about a gazillion other things, so we have not seen each other as often as we should have. Thankfully, our love for each other has remained, and with the addition to Facebook to our lives we have all become a more regular part of each other's lives. Shortly before the kids' and my trip downtown last week, James told me that he's like to get together with me, and we decided to go to the Dallas World Aquarium together. He planned to meet us for lunch, and when he walked in I was surprised to see his big brother, Jordan, with him. I was so happy to be surprised by him! Jordan said a quick "hi" then was off with his girlfriend, and James, Allie, Cooper, and I ate lunch then went to the aquarium together. It was so wonderful to spend time with him!

My little boys have grown up!

2 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

What a fun morning. We're going to the August free day when Eli's back in town.

And that's so neat you got to see those boys all grown up!

Mama Jeannie said...

Precious memories and a great reunion, Amy, with "your boys". Love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails