Thursday, September 3, 2009

Cooper's First Day Of Preschool

Today was a big day in our family. For the first time in his 4+ years, Cooper went to "school". He has been SO excited to go to school like Allie & Jack. All summer when we have driven past "his school" he has pointed it out and talked about when he would get to go there. He couldn't wait to learn, and play on the playground, and make new friends, and meet his teacher, and see his classroom. He couldn't wait to see what he was going to have for "dinner" in his lunchbox and got excited after church recently when he came home and told me that he had learned "the rules" for school... raise your hand to talk, don't talk when the teacher is talking, keep your hands to yourself, etc. So, this morning was very exciting for my baby boy as he woke up and got ready for his big day away.

~ eating his "special day" pancake ~

The big kids were already at school when Cooper went to his new school, so they told him "bye" before they left for the day.
~ my 3 ~
~ First Day Of School photos ~


~ self-portrait ~
Daddy went with us to take Cooper to school.
All morning, Cooper said, "I can't wait to go to school!" "I'm going to miss you when I go to school." "I am so excited that I am going to get to go to my school! "I'm going to miss you when I go to school."... So, as much as I thought that he would do fine when I dropped him off, I was not sure if he would suddenly decide that he wanted to hang out with me instead. But he was thrilled at the sight of his school when we drove into the parking lot, walked right down the hall to his classroom, put his backpack in his cubby, hugged Mrs. S, sat down at his little table, and started coloring. No second thoughts at all. I was so happy that he was so happy! Still, I cried as I said goodbye to my little one. This is one of those "bridges" that I am not so fond of crossing...

~ saying "bye" for the day ~
When I picked him up, his teacher said that he had had a great day... Coop said that it was a "fantastic day". He "liked everything that he did inside and everything that he did outside." When I asked him what he learned about he said, "God." He can't wait to go back.

5 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I'm so glad it went well ... although I'm sure it was hard for you. But just think how much you'll enjoy those free days!

Elizabeth said...

Oh Amy - he's just so darned cute! I just want to tossle that hair around and squeeze his cheeks. :-) I'm glad he was excited to go - can you imagine how much harder it would have been if he'd clung to you?

Emily said...

I love all of those pictures, especially the first one and the self portrait. I am glad that he had a fantastic time and that you survived too. I can't wait to hear his version.

chelsea rose said...

What an exciting day! I love the excitement on his face and his cute morning hair...he's such a cutie! I hope it was a great first day!

Mama Jeannie said...

I guess I commented on FB and not here. I seemed to have missed a couple of your latest blog entries Amy. Sorry. LOVE this one of Cooper's special 1st day of school! He looks so happy and his future looks way bright, doesn't it? He will absolutely flourish this year in so many ways. Glad you are already enjoying your 'free' days too. Isn't it grand?!! Have a fun fun fun year!

Related Posts with Thumbnails