Sunday, August 30, 2009

A Blessed Day

A few months ago I was contacted by some lifelong friends asking me to photograph their wedding. I was honored... and immediately said, "No, thank you." Yes, I like photography. Yes, I have done some photo shoots. Yes, I take gobs of pictures of my kiddos. But, no... I am not a professional photographer, and certainly I am not a wedding photographer. However, my friends let me know that they were not looking for a traditional wedding photographer. Rather, they wanted someone to capture the small, intimate backyard ceremony that they had planned. After praying about it and talking to a photographer friend or two, I decided that I would do the job. And I am so glad that I did. I was very nervous as I would think about the wedding in the days before-hand, but once the wedding arrived, I was totally lovin' every moment that I was capturing memories for my friend, Tracy, and her family. Here are the highlights of the beautiful day that I had an opportunity to share:


~ happily married ~





~ Tracy's Family ~
~ and they lived happily ever after ~
Tracy & Randy, thank you for letting me be a part of your wonderful day.

You are a beautiful couple.

12 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh.my.goodness. These pictures are SO PRETTY!! I just knew you'd do a great job!

Emily said...

I am beyond impressed Amy! They are BEAUTIFUL! I knew that you would do a good job, but you blew my expectations out of the water.

Anonymous said...

Bonita (mother of the bride), Amy I am so proud of you. You did an awesome job, more than I hoped or dreamed. As I have told you, I am so thankful you shared your love for my family with the wonderful gift God has given you. You give much joy to so many with your beautiful pictures.

Jenny said...

Great pictures! You should be proud!

Elizabeth said...

Amy - absolutely beautiful!!! Seriously, amazing job!!! I'm so proud of you girl! That brides dress and bouquet are gorgeous.

Alicia said...

GREAT JOB!! Love them all...I love her flowers too! They all look so happy and full of life!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I love that last photo!

Mama Jeannie said...

Amy, I have tears in my eyes. Partly because I got to see a glimpse of Tracy and Randy's dreams come true, but also at the beauty of how you absolutely captured the joy that overflowed from the hearts of everybody, especially Tracy and Randy. They are so happy, so in love, and anyone who looks at these pictures knows that it is true. What a HUGE blessing that they were able to have someone like you photograph their wedding. Outstanding sweet girl.

Sarah said...

Amy, those are absolutely BEAUTIFUL! You are so amazingly talented.

Julie said...

What wonderful pictures!
I love that last one; just perfect.

amy said...

GREAT job, Amy!!

Sara said...

I'm so happy for them!!! And you did a BEAUTIFUL job - of course! I love the opportunities that you've been given!

Related Posts with Thumbnails