Saturday, October 3, 2009

Rainy Day

This afternoon it has been my favorite kind of "rainy day"... the slow-falling, calm, cool-weather sort of rain. The kind that begs you to put on your pajamas and a pot of chili. We kept the back door open most of the afternoon and evening, so we could smell and listen to the lovely rain. At some point Allie & Cooper went out in the front to try out rainboots and umbrellas, and I could not resist taking pictures.

Here are a few of the photos that I took of Cooper:


~ Allie & Cooper's feet in rainboots ~
(There is story behind those red ones... coming soon.)
As you can tell from the first photos, the lighting outside was not too great... I was standing on the porch to protect the camera from the rain, so it was too far away for the flash to help. It was cloudy and rainy, afterall, so I guess that those photos capture the true mood. Several of the photos that I took were way too dark, but I liked them enough to "play with them".

I think that this one of Allie turned out kinda cool & funky.
And I love this one of Cooper! His little hidden face, his mismatched outfit, his rainboots, his reflection... Can you tell that I kinda adore that little boy?!?

1 comment:

Sara said...

Love those kinds of days too. And I love that last pic of Coop!

Related Posts with Thumbnails