Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Tomorrow, Tomorrow, I'll Love Ya, Tomorrow

This is where I will be tomorrow...
Yep, tomorrow I am heading to Seattle, WA with my two sisters, Sara & Emily, for the weekend. (Don't mind that high-pitched noise... it was just me squealing with excitement.)
While the two of them have traveled together quite a bit, I have never joined them on an adventure. So, this is our first official Sister Trip. (Our mom & sister-in-law, Adrielle, were invited to come too but couldn't. We'll miss yall!) Thanks to Emily's husband for giving us his extra flight passes and to all of our husbands for being Mr. Mom for the weekend, we get to go have a Girls Only get-away. (Well, except for the nursing baby boy that will be chaperoning us, compliments of Emily... but that's okay.) We are so blessed!

I am so stinkin' excited!

We are going to spend some time in Seattle then we are headed out for a weekend road trip where we will drive through the National Forest to the ocean. This is the place that we are going to stay during that part of our trip. (Thank you Roxann for the recommendation!):

Could it be any more beautiful?!?
I fully intend to sit on the banks of this lake and soak in the silence and the mountain air.
And, since we are going into rainy territory... there is a quaint little sunroom that we can sit in just in case it is too wet outside.
We also plan to do some hiking. This beautiful waterfall is about a mile and a half from the place that we are staying.
When the opportunity to go "somewhere" came up, we talked about a few places that we would like to go. Emily's requirements were: 1. some place cool 2. somewhere that we had never been. The northwest clearly became a good destination to consider, and we began to talk about Seattle which we quickly got excited about... Then it dawned on us! We could go to the towns and places that are the setting for some little books that we have all read called the Twilight series. You might have heard of them... ;) Come to find out, this drive from Seattle to the beach is a well known drive that many tourists make. The scenery is supposed to be spectacular. I can't wait to find out for myself!!! Here are a few glimpses at the beach in La Push:
I am not sure why the other pictures imported larger and these are so small. Sorry. I'll bring home gazillions of "real photos" home and post them here ASAP. In the mean time, you can follow all 3 of us on Facebook while we are gone. (I have a reputation for updating my status a lot... maybe too much. ;) ) I am sure that we will be posting often and will include some Mobile Photos of all that we see.

Until next time...

4 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

So excited for you three ... what a great time you'll have. Can't wait to follow you on facebook!

Elizabeth said...

You were so excited today when I saw you! Your eyes were so sparkly, like a kid on Christmas morning. :-). I can't wait to follow your updates. Now don't forget to pack that garlic! Ha!

Sara said...

Just saw this. It really all looks JUST like that - except for the Space Needle! I love seeing where we were! Love ya!

Mama Jeannie said...

So beautiful! I have loved hearing about your trip an how much fun all three of you had together.

Related Posts with Thumbnails