Monday, December 28, 2009

Catching Up December: Jack's Colonial Festival 12/03

At Jack's school, all of the younger grades have a festival each year that corresponds with the period of history that they are studying. This year, in 4th grade, he is studying early American history, so his festival was a Colonial Christmas Ball. All the kids dressed in costumes that match the time period, they performed music, songs, and recitation from that time frame, and the parents provided food and games. It is really one of my favorite things about the school.


~ my little colonist and me ~
~ Jack & Dad ~
~ Jack's teacher and his class ~
~ singing Christmas carols ~

The kids made their own butter.
~ love the label ~
~ getting ready to play a hands-free, on the knees, donut-eating game ~
He was the winner!
(the "after photos" were kinda gross :) )
I just love this boy so much!

1 comment:

Sara said...

I love that about the school too! And I LOVE him! He's just so darn sweet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails