Thursday, December 31, 2009

Catching Up November: NYC: Day 1 - Arriving in NYC



Well, I have just about caught up my blog for the month of December. (I remembered a few events whose photos are on Corey's computer that I need to get then post then I will be done with Dec. '09! And since today is the last day of that month... and that year, for that matter, I feel pretty good about that!) So now, we're moving on - errrr, ummm, looking back - to November. I am totally excited about that and totally daunted by that all at the same time because the month of November is when Corey & I took Allie to New York City for her 13th birthday. The thought of recounting that trip makes me a but giddy, but if you know me, you know that I have a few - or several - hundred photos of that trip, and the thought of deciding which ones to post and the amount of time that it will take me to write those posts is a little overwhelming. So, here is my game plan (because I know you are dying to know): I am going to record our NYC trip in small (sometimes teeny tiny) increments. That way, if I have 10 minutes to blog I can record the next thing that we did and saw, and if I have an hour to blog I can record the next few things that we did and saw. Whoosh! Don't you all feel better knowing what is going through my mind? So, if you are interested, check back often... and if not you might not want to for a while 'cause here we go... to NEW YORK CITY!!!

The day before we left for NYC, we had a sleepover, Jack's football game, Allie's special Blessing Ceremony, Trick or Treating, and house guests... It was just a tad busy. So finishing up packing that night lasted into the early hours of the morning, and I can't remember for sure, but I think that we had to get up at 4am to go to the airport. Yep, we were tired, but we were so excited to get to New York! (It was all of our first time to go to NY or to that part of the country at all.) And in the end, it was worth it to get there early enough in the day to still have some sight-seeing hours!

~ Allie in the air ~
~ so excited to be flying with my girl ~
~ Corey & Allie on the plane ~
~ landing in The Big Apple ~
~ Allie's first taxi ride ~
(We were hoping it would be the cash cab, but it was just a rude New Yorker instead. Perfect!)
~ heading into Manhattan~
(I can't tell you how excited we were to see all the buildings and bridges!)
~ our hotel lobby ~
~ near our hotel ~
We saw iconic signs and buildings everywhere we looked. The New York Times building was around the corner from our hotel and across the street from the main subway station that we used.
I was amazed at how much everything felt and looked just like "the movies".

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails