Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Snow Day #1 (February 11)

Boy! I'm behind on blogging again... Our family has been moving for the last couple of weeks, and blogging has been about number 127 on my list of things to do. ;) Tonight I am missing it, so I thought that I would give myself a little treat and would sit down and blog for a bit. Just before all the moving hub-bub started, we got the most beautiful snow that I have ever seen in our home state of Texas! It broke records for our area with over a foot of snow falling in about 24 hours. It truly looked like a winter wonderland!

The morning that it started, Corey and I woke up to check for school closings, knowing that the snow had started during the night. 2 of our 3 kids' schools were closed, so we made the executive decision that we were all staying home that day. It is not every day that a Texan gets to see snow like this...

We were so glad that we kept the kids home. Corey worked from home that day, and we spent the entire day enjoying the beautiful snow, the neighbors, and each other.

Jack was the first - and the last - one out in the snow. He and Milly ran out into the yard just about as soon as he could get his coat on.
~ Allie eating snow ~
This has always been her favorite thing about the snow.
Because he got too cold, Cooper did not last long on Day 1. This is the only shot that I got of him on the first day. (I made up for it on Day 2, don't worry.) He loved throwing snowballs!
I did get this one with my phone though.
(I don't know why sometimes my phone photos show up large and sometimes they are little.)
I played outside with the kids for a long time. I asked Allie to take a photo to take a picture of me, so we would all remember that I was in fact there... I wasn't about to freeze my tail off for hours and not get my presence documented. :)
~ Allie in the backyard ~
We made the mistake on the first day of not getting our ski clothes out of the attic. We had no idea how much snow we were going to get. We thought that we could just make due with layers of regular clothes. Ummm, not so much. We got cold. And wet. Jack is the only one that tolerated that. He would come in ever so often and give me his clothes to throw into the dryer as he would sit by a space heater and sip hot chocolate. Then, as soon as his clothes were all dry, he was right back outside... I think he played out in the snow for about 8 hours that day.

~ Jack and "the first fort" ~
~ Jack with the neighborhood snowman (snowwoman?) ~
We worked together with several neighbors to build this cute snowman.
~ neighborhood boys ~
~ my fun-loving snow guy ~
~ Jack and some neighborhood boys building "the second fort" ~
~ Jack beside the fort ~
Cooper was happy to sit at the window and watch the guys play in the snow out the window.
(I love this photo of him! He still looks little to me.)
Our neighbor got out their go-kart, and Jack got a ride.
Pretty Girl stepped outside to video her brother and take a few photos.
~ beautiful ~
~ Jack and Allie ~
~ Allie Cat and Milly Dog ~
I love this happy picture of my girl with the snowflakes hitting her in the face.
Daddy took a break from work to step out and look at the snow every once in a while.
Coop was happy to snuggle up in my bed and watch Batman.
Much more to come...
Just not tonight.

2 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

That was such a great and memorable day!

Natalie said...

Cooper's so cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails