Monday, August 2, 2010

Matt Chandler: "Can Faith Survive?"

And while you are looking at videos from Life Today shows, here is a clip of the episode that my pastor, Matt Chandler, was on.  I have learned more about faith in the midst of a storm from this man than anyone in my life.  I am so thankful for his preaching and for the Lord's work that he and his family are allowing others to watch in their very personal lives.  There are several clips of him on YouTube, and I would highly recommend them to anyone that is suffering, wondering where God is in the midst of your storm, or just wants to hear phenomenal preaching.

Something that I heard another pastor at our church say in the beginning of Matt's trial with brain cancer that absolutely blew me away was this... We must develop a theology on suffering before we need it.  I had never thought of that before.  Never.  It is a process that takes wrestling and searching and that is almost impossible to walk through gracefully in the midst of tragedy.  If I had heard those words before 6 years ago, I am certain that I would have handled the blows of life completely differently than I was able to.  My prayer for my children is that they will have a firm theology on suffering before they need it - as it is inevitably going to come - and they their lives will be a testimony of God's goodness and grace... even when it does not make sense.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails