Saturday, June 30, 2007

Home

I came across this poem today - on a day that we are all just hanging out at home. I am proud of my little family for that - we like our home. I am not talking about the brick and mortar - although we like that too. I am talking about the feeling that we have when we are together. Just the five of us. We know each other. We are comfortable together. We know that we are different from each other. We know that one of us likes to tell stories, one of us likes time alone, one of us likes to perform for the others, one of us likes to have down time, one of us likes to have somewhere to go.... And while we are not always good at knowing each other in every given moment, we try to. And I think that is what makes us so comfortable being home.

Home Is...
Where you can be silent
and still be heard ...
Where you can ask
and find out who you are ...
Where people laugh with you
about yourself ...
Where sorrow is divided
and joy is multiplied ...

1 comment:

Mama Jeannie said...

What beautiful thoughts about what a home really is. The things you perceive are so true my sweet Amy girl.

Related Posts with Thumbnails