Monday, November 16, 2009

Makes Me Laugh Monday

And now a break from our regullarly scheduled "catching up of the blog". (Which, by the way, there are an ungodly number of new posts for you to read/ look at now, if you are so inclined.) You know how I hate to record things out of order... but I think that this morning's "Cooper Stories" deserve to slide in here between Halloween and our trip to NYC. Seriously, it is just after 8:00am, and he has already made me laugh (hard) a couple of times.

First:

When Cooper woke up this morning, he came to me with his Bibleman action figure. For those of you that might not know, Bibleman is the Christian equivalent of Superman complete with movies of his adventures. Those movies are almost painful for me to watch because of their "cheesy factor", but I am happy for my kids to hear the things that Bibleman has to say, and the boys have both loved them at about the age of 4. So... back to this morning... Cooper was explaining to me all of Bibleman's costume pieces as he pointed them out. He said, "He has the helmet of salvation, and the shoes of peace, and the shield of righteousness, and the cape of flying." He was right (or close to right) about the first 3 things, but "the cape of flying"?!?! Hilarious to me!

Second:

Cooper said, "Do you want to play The Compliment Game? I guess that this is something that he has learned at school. It started like this:

him: I like your hair.
me: I like how you are funny.
him: I like your eyes.
me: I like your shorts.

Then, it took a turn... Here are some of his funniest "compliments":

to Jack: I like your whole body even your bones.
to me: I like your teeth... for eating, and I like your nose... for smelling and picking. (Umm, thanks, I guess...) I busted out laughing, and he seriously said, "You know... boogers?"
to both of us: I like lemonaid and Sprite and Coke. (Why, thank you for that sweet, heart-felt "compliment".)

I hope you have a good Monday full of laughs.

2 comments:

Sara said...

That kid is HILARIOUS!!! Glad we've got pretty constant entertainment in our houses! :)

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

He's so funny. I love the cape of flying comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails