Thursday, November 12, 2009

Texas State Fair 2009

Almost every fall for the last 15 years I have gone to the Texas State Fair. It is something that the kids and I look forward to doing each year. Last year, we had one of our best trips ever to the fair as we spent all day there and even shut the fairgrounds down with the evening parade. This year, Corey wanted to go with us, so by the time we waited for him to wrap up his work we only had a couple of hours before Allie had to be back for an activity. But they were fun hours.

~ the petting zoo ~

~ watching a horse show ~
(There is almost nothing cuter to me than little kids standing on a fence.)

The Pee Wee Stampede is the little-kid rodeo that they have at the State Fair. Somehow, I missed knowing about it every year until last year. Now that I know about it, we will make sure to make it to the Pee Wee Stampede every year that Cooper is the right age to do it! (He is the only one that qualifies.) It is so cute - and I think it is officially my favorite thing at the fair.

~Jack waiting with Cooper in the line to sign up for the Pee Wee Stampede ~
~ nothing cuter than a little cowboy ~
He melts me!
Can you tell that I loved seeing Cooper as a little cowboy?
~ the opening parade ~
Cooper was assigned the role of "Bull Rider". I love this photo of all the little Bull Riders waiting for their turn.
~ Ride 'Em Cowboy! ~
~ Cooper "riding his horse" at the end of the rodeo ~
~ Sister, watching her little brother ~
Corey & the kids had their photo taken with the Heisman Trophy.
~ Big Tex ~
~ my little boys watching the miniature trains ~
~ an icon of the Texas State Fair ~
~ heading home ~

2 comments:

Sara said...

Fun! I love that Coop was in the Peewee Rodeo! Too cute!

Alicia said...

Love all the pictures! I miss the fair...can't wait to be back in the states so we dont have to miss it anymore!

Related Posts with Thumbnails