Tuesday, February 9, 2010

1 Holiday, 3 Mommies, 6 Kiddos, 3 Years, 1 Sofa

It is unofficially official... my friend, Randi, cannot ever get rid of her blue & white couch... and must always host a Valentine Party for these 6 kids. At least until they all go to college. Right, Randi?

Without really planning it, this sofa has become the place where time is measured for these six little buddies on Valentine's Day. When we started our Playgroup in the fall of 2007, it was out of a need to socialize, celebrate, and sometimes commiserate with friends that had babies that were going through the same things as we were. Through the years, we have seen our little ones grow into playmates that truly are friends. Our conversations have moved from how to move a baby from a crib to a big bed, to potty training, to choosing preschools (or not), to kindergarten plans. We have talked about how to get our kids to eat and sleep and share. We have found encouragement in each other as we all do things a little bit differently, but we all have a desire to raise Godly, kind, thoughtful kids. I am thankful for the women that I get to call my friends. These 3 - Cheryl, Emily, and Randi (among others) - are my teamates in this mothering thing as our kids grow - and we grow - up together.

Here is how our little ones have grown from year to year to year...

~ 2008 ~
~ 2009 ~
~ 2010 ~
~ The Playgroup Mommies ~
(This is one of the only photos of the 4 of us. It was taken last July.)

2 comments:

Mama Jeannie said...

Good grief! Can you believe how much TALLER all the kids are since last year; not to mention from 2007! I LOVE Randi's couch as a measuring tool. Cute kids and cute mommies. :0)

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

That post made me cry! I love our playgroup so much ... I love that we can have conversations about anything and I love that our kiddos know each other so well! SOOOO glad you started it, Amy!

And I'll agree to host the Valentine's Party till college. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails