Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Cooper's "Best Sports Ever"... This Week, Anyway

Cooper was so cute bowling at Jack's birthday party on Monday night. I think that it was the first time that he has ever tried that sport - except for on Wii - and he LOVED it! And I LOVED watching him do it! He was so funny as he heaved the ball into the lane, squatted down to watch it roll, twisted around in delight to make eye-contact with us to see if we were watching him and his bowling ball, jumping in the air to celebrate the pins that fell, and proudly walking back to the chairs. Just watching him made me smile! He exclaimed, "This is the best sport ever!" and "I LOVE bowling!" and has asked repeatedly when we can go bowling again.





And yesterday, he began "swimming class" as he calls it... not "swimming lessons" because, as he says, "I already know how to swim". (Which he does not!) He was SO excited about starting swimming class and told several people (some he knew, and some he didn't) throughout the last week the details of where and when his classes would be. When the teacher opened the door to the indoor pool and called the 5 little swimmers in, he was not apprehensive at all. He marched right in and did all that they asked him to throughout his class. He would turn around to me and give me 2 thumbs up and tons of smiles during the class, and when he came out to me at the end, he exclaimed, "That was wicked awesome!" I am so thankful that he will enjoy the process of really learning to swim. Hopefully, he will be like a little fish by summer.


1 comment:

Emily said...

I love that kid. He is getting so big and funny. The picture of him twirling is hilarious and so him.

Related Posts with Thumbnails