Tuesday, February 2, 2010

From The Vault: Jack's 2nd Birthday Party on 02-02-02

My little boy is turning into a bigger boy in about 24 hours... Jack's birthday is on Thursday, and he will be 10 years old. Double digits! So in honor of that, I have pulled a couple of photos out of the vault to share.

As Jack's second birthday was approaching and I began to plan a party, I realized that the Saturday nearest his birthday was February 2, 2002. I simply could not resist having a birthday party on 02-02-02... and a 2nd birthday party, at that! At the time, he loved trains! We have a McDonald's in town that has a real caboose outside that you can rent for parties, and that was the perfect place to celebrate Jackson turning 2. I remember that day vividly... he seemed so big... but look at these pictures! He was such a little tyke. An adorable little tyke!

What's that? I think I feel a tear welling up in my eye. I truly can not believe that this was 8 years ago today...

~ our family in 2002 ~
~ me and my birthday boy 8 years ago ~

3 comments:

Jenny said...

That was 6 weeks before I became a mom! Jack was adorable then and adorable now. If it makes you feel better, I still picture your kids as preschoolers too!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I can't believe he was that little! I love the date for his party!

Mama Jeannie said...

WOW! I think I have a little tear in my eye as well. Precious little boy he was and precious he remains. Double digits!! How can that be? I didn't remember he had a party at 2 on 2-02-02. How fun is that?

Related Posts with Thumbnails