Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Playgroup Valentine Party '10

Yesterday was our annual Playgroup Valentine Party with Cooper's little friends. My friend, Randi, hosted us at her home and as always, it was decorated with the perfect little festive touches... like these "circle of love" doilies. (She talked about making them here on her blog.) She is a good balance for me. While Cooper showed up to the party with store-bought valentines with tacky Nerds candy, her kids had wonderfully crafted homemade valentines. I love her for that... but more than that... for the fact that she doesn't look down her nose, not one little bit, at me, the anti-Martha Stewart... whereas she is Martha in the making. :) I say all that to say... I love you, Randi. And thank you for opening your home and making our little parties so special!


We all brought a snack to share.
~ snack time ~
~ Claire & Joshua ~
~ Jonathan & Lila ~
~ Cooper and Luke making sacks to hold their valentines ~
~ Cooper's sack ~
~ Claire Bear & her sack ~
(I think that it is funny to compare her girl-sack to his boy-sack. He stuck a couple of stickers on it and was done... ready to move on to "the good stuff".)
~ the crew ~
We have taken of a picture of our kids in this exact spot every Valentine's Party for 3 years.
I love that my niece (and now my nephew) are part of our Playgroup!
~ pretty girl ~
~ sweet boy ~
Jacob and Tate (Randi's baby) are the 2 new additions to the group. Yesterday it became official...
She gave him this adorable banana valentine...
... and he accepted with a kiss.
(Or an attempt to taste her head, I'm not sure.)
Happy Valentine's week! Hope you all feel very loved!

1 comment:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Aw, I love you too, Amy. I love Valentines, no matter what they look like! Plus, everyone knows Nerds are the best candy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails