Monday, February 1, 2010

My Morning

Happy February! I can't believe that we are already in the second month of 2010! So far, it's been a great month.... I know, I know... we are less than 12 hours into it, but those 11+ hours have been really good. ;) This morning, I had a peaceful couple of hours awake by myself to read and pray and think before the kids woke up... It was lovely. Then, my warm little Buzz Lightyear PJ wearing boy woke up. We snuggled for a while then I headed him off at the "Can I play Wii?" pass with "Why don't we snuggle on the couch and read books?" He actually took me up on it with no fight, and it was the highlight of my day so far.

He, like a lot of kids (especially boys) moves a lot while he is "doing school". We started together on the couch, he moved to his tummy on the floor, then he got on his knees, etc., etc. I am so glad that my kids - even the older ones - have the opportunity to get comfortable, so they can learn the best way for themselves. He loved reading to me this morning and would get so excited when he read a word that he had to work to sound out, and there were many words that he read very quickly today just because they are becoming familiar. This is such an exciting time in his learning process.
This book, Pug, is an early-reader from 1972 that my granny gave Allie & Jack many years ago. I love it! It is special to me because her hands have touched it and because she gave it to my kids in love. Also, I just love the quaint "vintage look" of it.

At first, Cooper read many pages of words only. Then he moved to these 3 page stories. He would just light up when he realized what was going on in the story.

~ my happy reading-boy ~

3 comments:

Emily said...

I can't believe he is reading so well, that is awesome. What a fun morning...too bad it went south after this post.

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Love that book!

Mama Jeannie said...

LOVE this post Amy! How special that Cooper is reading and that one of his books was given by his Granny. I love your early morning alone time too. Isn't it wonderful?

Related Posts with Thumbnails