Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Baseball With My Boys

Yesterday Corey called home from work and said that he had been given 4 tickets to our area's minor league baseball game.  It was a triple-digits-day here in north Texas, and I was not sure about sitting out in the heat, but hey - I pretty much can't turn down taking the kids to do something that they love, and my boys LOVE baseball.  So, we headed to the ballpark.  It was hot, but thankfully our seats were in the shade, and it was not too bad.  

The boys took their gloves and were anxiously awaiting a foul ball with their name on it all night.  


After several innings in our seats behind home plate, Jack wanted to try sitting in the area that seemed to be where most of the foul balls were going.  It also happened to be right by the dugout, so he and a group of little boys had fun looking at the players and hoping for a ball to be tossed up to them from one of them.
Cooper had fun watching the players "play catch" in the bullpen.  I had fun watching his little head snap back and forth as he watched the ball speed between the pitcher and catcher.
~ My Boys ~
~ My Man ~
All night, Cooper had been hoping for cotton candy.  Finally, in the 7th inning, he got some.
After the game Jack stood by the dugout, and he was thrilled when a player gave him his batting glove and tossed him a baseball.  He said, "Baseball games are to me like Jonas Brothers concerts are to Allie."  So, I guess you could call this a great night!!!

4 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Free tickets - gotta love that! And how awesome that Jack got the glove and ball. Sounds like a great night.

Sara said...

Love the last picture and Jack's quote. That's great! :)

Emily said...

What a fun night! I am glad that your seats were in the shade. Allan and I have been wanting to go to one of those games for so long...now it is too hot to take the littlest family member. Oh well, maybe next season.

Jenny said...

Your boys are looking more and more alike!
Sounds like fun... minus the heat... and tell Cooper, cotton candy is my favorite thing too. Hard to pass it up!

Related Posts with Thumbnails