Sunday, June 14, 2009

Jacob's Family & His Homecoming

Anyone that has known my family for long knows that we don't miss much when it comes to momentous events in each other's lives. Like births of babies. There are some families that have 2 quiet grandmothers that sit calmly and knit and read in the waiting room while their new member makes its way into the world (like the 2 grandmothers that were in the waiting room when we all invaded --- umm, I mean arrived), and then there is us. Every member of our family that is able comes to wait for the birth of the newest member of our clan and welcome him or her into the world. We're crazy like that. And we like it. This week was no different. Though we had literally had a tornado the night before (more on that to come) and though it was still storming like crazy on Thursday, we all braved the roads and yes - invaded the hospital where my sister Emily was working to bring us our newest member.


~ the waiting room ~
(and that's not even all of us that were there)
~ proof of the horrible storm that was going on outside while we hung out inside ~
We come prepared. Toys, snacks, DVD players. You name it, we bring it.
~ Adrielle & Allie ~
~ the baby girls ~
Ainsley (9 months) & Chloe (13 months)
-- He's Here! --

After Claire came to meet her new baby brother, Jacob's grandparents came into the room to see their newest grandbaby.
~ Gibbie & Poppie with grandbaby #9 ~
~ Jacob with both of his grandfathers ~

~ Allan with his parents and his new son ~
(their 6th grandbaby)
At most of the other babies' births the family has all come in to meet them right away. This time, Jacob had to go to the nursery for a while soon after his birth, so we had to settle for watching him through the newborn nursery windows.
After his time in the nursery (and a dinner break), we finally got to get our hands on Baby Jacob. My brother's family went in to meet him without me (i.e. my camera), so I don't have photos of them. Here are the other aunts, uncle, and cousins:

~ Sassy ~
~ MiMi ~
~ Uncle Corey ~
~ Allie ~
(the oldest and the youngest S cousins)
-- Day 2 --

~ Jack ~
~ Cooper ~
~ Allie & Ainsley ~

-- Day 3 --
The Homecoming

Not only do we all congregate at the hospital for the baby births in our family, whoever can comes to the new babies' house to welcome them when they arrive home from the hospital. Yesterday, my mom, my sister Sara & her baby Ainsley, my family, and Allan's parents were at the K house to welcome Allan & Emily and their new little family of 4 home. As soon as they pulled up, Claire excitedly announced that Jacob was home, and my boys jumped into the van to see him.


~ Jacob Allan ~

~ Jacob & Mommy ~
~ Allan, Emily, & Jacob with the banner that Allan's mom had made ~
~ Jacob with his parents and grandparents ~
~ 3 generations of K men ~
~ Gibbie and Jacob ~
~ The Sisters & Baby Jacob ~


I spend most of my time behind the camera, so it was special to me when Emily took these sweet pictures of me with my newest nephew.
~ Jacob & MiMi ~


6 comments:

Elyse said...

SWEETNESS...thanks for updating Emily's blog. Popped over here from there :) GREAT update too!
~Elyse

Emily said...

Another great post! Thank you for picking up the slack for me. I am glad that we got those pictures of you and Jacob, you looked really pretty holding him.

Leanna said...

Amy, thanks for being a great sister and keeping us all updated. What a blessing for your awesome family!

Rebecca Read said...

What a great homecoming! Little Jacob is so precious and I love that they are finally a family of four! I've really enjoyed all of your "documenting" of their past week - do you hire out? I'll need you the last week of November :)

Mama Jeannie said...

Amy, this post is precious and so.... well, it's just so.... US. I love our family. I love you! Em, your little family of 4 is beautiful.

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

So sweet ... I love the banner!

(and cute dress, Amy!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails