Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Father's Day 2009

Sunday I got the chance to celebrate two of the best FATHERS in the world.
Really! They are! I'm not biased at all!


Corey wanted to spend the day relaxing at home for Father's Day, so that's exactly what we did. I made a big breakfast and we gave him gifts. He topped that off with a lot of golf-watching and a short nap. I hope it was a good day for him because he really deserves it! I truly think that Corey is one of the best men that I have ever witnessed fathering. He loves his kids so much. He sacrifices for them in big and not-so-big ways every single day. He teaches them to have Godly morals and to work hard - not only with his words but by his example.


Corey, thank you for being such a great daddy to our kids. I love you!

On the evening of Father's Day we took my dad and mom to dinner. Emily and Allan and their little family joined us, and we all had a great time. My Dad. I love him so much. He would do anything for anyone - especially his kids - and that gives us a great sense of security and feeling of love. He is a fabulous Poppie to his 9 grandkids. They all know that he loves them just as they are. There is no act so impressive or mistake so big that it changes anything about the way that my dad loves a person. He loves people just because that is the way he is.


Dad, thank you for all that you do for our family and for loving us all in your "special way". I love you!
(Yes, Cooper is crying. He hit his head on our way out of the restaraunt , and he couldn't stop crying for the photo with Poppie.)

4 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Sounds like a great Father's Day, celebrating with two men you love.

(is Cooper crying in the bottom picture?)

Sara said...

Sweet post - for both dads. I totally agree! And I love the picture. I love that Jacob is in it. And it's sad (and funny) that Cooper is so sad in it. Poor buddy! :)

Emily said...

Thanks for letting us crash your Father's Day meal. It was good and I was really thankful that you held Jacob while I ate. I love that Jacob is in the last picture too, it kind of caught me off guard when I looked at the picture.

Mama Jeannie said...

Thank you for always honoring your daddy. He must be so blessed to have children and grandchildren who love him so much and think that he is beyond amazing. I agree; your Corey is an amazing father; the real deal.

Related Posts with Thumbnails