Friday, June 5, 2009

Cooper's 4th Birthday - Part 2

For Cooper's birthday dinner I thought it would be fun to let the kids make their own pizzas.  I don't know why I have never done this before... it was a great success.  They all had fun making their pizzas just the way they like them, and they were actually really yummy!





~ after they came out of the oven ~
Evidentially, Allie is an almost-no-cheese kind of girl.  Cooper put every topping on his pizza and actually ate them all.  And Sweet Jack made a "4" out of pepperonis on his pizza in honor of his brother's big day.
While the pizzas were in the oven Corey made Cooper a birthday cake.  He found a delicious looking recipe for coconut cake, and the kids were all excited about helping him make it.

~ Happy Birthday, Dear Cooper ~
~ the big moment ~
~ making a wish ~
There's this thing about coconut cake... it has coconut on it.  As much as Cooper loves coconut slushes from Sonic, he had never had real coconut.  He shoveled the first huge bite of his birthday cake in his mouth and instantly started gagging and spitting and choking.  It was not what he expected at all!  It was so sad... and so funny that I could hardly stand up, I was laughing so hard.  Poor little guy!  Fortunately, he was not too upset that he couldn't stand his birthday cake...  This morning I jokingly asked him if he wanted some more coconut cake, and he said, "No!  That terrifies me!"  Oh well, it was the thought that counted.  Good Ol' Daddy took the time to bake with the kids.  That counts for a lot!  And thankfully, Cooper will get some store bought cupcakes tomorrow at his birthday party.  ('Cause Mommy (the one that is not so much of a baker) was in charge of that.)  

6 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Poor Cooper ... not a coconut guy, huh? He's such a good sport though ... hope he won't always be terrified! :)

Rebecca Read said...

So cute Amy! Looks like he had a great b-day, besides the coconut!

Emily said...

The coconut birthday cake story cracks me up. I love that you made pizzas, we have done that twice now and it is so much fun.

Jenny said...

Cooper is in good company. I personally can't stand coconut. I love coconut flavored things, but when it comes to the actual texture of the real thing... YUCK!

Glad you got to make his birthday special just for him. The aquarium and pizza night sounds like lots of fun for any 4 year old! (Still can't believe your baby is 4!)

Sara said...

The pizzas were such a GREAT idea! I love the differences in all of them. =) And the whole cake thing is SOOOO HILARIOUS!!!! I will say, though, that it was super sweet of Corey to bake with them! He's so great at doing special things like that! Glad it was such a success of a day! =)

Mama Jeannie said...

That coconut story absolutely cracked me up Amy! Thought I was going to slide right out of my chair I laughed so hard. Poor Corey! How special that he baked a birthday cake for Cooper and then to see him gag, gasp, and say that coconut "terrified" him. Oh lawsy! Sounds like the pizza was a hit though. Great idea.

Related Posts with Thumbnails