Thursday, June 4, 2009

Cooper's 4th Birthday - Part 1

Yesterday Cooper woke up very excited that it was his birthday, and he couldn't wait to open birthday gifts.  We spent the morning at home watching him open presents and playing with him and new toys.  Then we headed to The Dallas World Aquarium to spend time together as a family for Cooper's birthday.


~ the boys playing with Coop's new Star Wars toys ~
~ the kids outside of the Dallas World Aquarium ~
~ the Birthday Boy with Mommy & Daddy ~
When we first got to the aquarium we ate lunch at the Mexican restaurant upstairs.  It was actually very delicious, and the view was great.  From where Cooper sat, he could overlook the shark tank and the rainforest.
~ my 4 year old ~
~ watching the manatee eat was a highlight for us ~

There were several fish tanks that you could see through.  At this one, I was in one hallway and they were in another.
I think the shark tank was our favorite exhibit.  There is a tunnel that goes through the tank, so it feels like the sharks are swimming all around you and over you as you walk through it.  
I love Coop's face in this photo!
~ Jack with the sharks ~
When you are in the tunnel in the shark tank, you can look up, and this is your view.
Corey & I took turns going up above the shark tank and taking photos of the family through the water while they were "in" the shark tank.

~ me & the kids ~
~ Corey & the kids ~
(and a big ol' shark)
~ me and my babies ~
~ Corey & the kiddos ~
Cooper got to buy a souvenir at the gift shop.  He chose this pink snake which he named "Sherkie".  Pink is his favorite color, so it is perfect!

I had wanted to go to this aquarium for years but had never made it happen.  I am so glad that we finally went yesterday.  It was a perfect way to spend the day together and to celebrate Cooper's big day.  We all loved it!  It was so great, in fact, that we bought a season pass.  So, if you are in the area and ever want to go, let us know.  Maybe we can go together.

We had a lot more birthday fun when we got home... check back later to see what we did for Cooper's birthday dinner.

4 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

That's such a fun place ... I haven't been since Eli was in kindergarten but it's on our list this summer. Looks like you had a really fun day. Can't believe Cooper's so big!

Emily said...

You got some great pictures! There are a couple of Cooper that just make me smile. I cannot believe he is FOUR!! It looks like a great day.

Sara said...

What a FUN day!!! I loved the whole post, but my FAVORITE picture is the one of Cooper by himself with the caption "My Four Year Old" or something like that. He looks so darn cute in that one!!! =)

I thought y'all went there before. Remember the story about the penguin in the backpack? Where was that from?

Mama Jeannie said...

What a fun Birthday-day! I wanna go there. Maybe this summer sometime. We'll see. HAPPY BIRTHDAY COOPER! Four years old; unbelievable! What a smile he wears. Love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails