Friday, August 15, 2008

Miss You

3 1/2 years ago my baby sister married a man from California, and I remember being so sad when we left her there to start her life with him after their wedding.  My family all lives in Texas.  We are very close and very involved in each other's lives so the thought of being states away from her was tough.  I could not imagine what it would be like for her to be in California as we were all here having family events together.  Not too long after she moved West she and her husband had the opportunity to move to Texas - 4 hours away, but still Texas.  That was better. Much better.  Then, out of the blue they (and by that time their little bitty Claire Bear) moved to my town!  We were all so excited!  I don't think that either of us knew quite what to expect of having a sister live so close by and to be honest at times it has been hard to learn to mesh our  lives and expectations and still maintain our own families and responsibilities.  Finding a way to be independent and dependent at the same time has been a learning experience, but slowly and surely we are figuring it out. 

My sister is on vacation this week, and I miss her.  A lot.  She my friend.  My companion.  My phone buddy.  My niece's mom.  My kids' aunt and playmate.  We all love her enormously!  

Em, 
We love you!  We miss you!  You are special and invaluable to us!
Hurry Home, 
Amy

3 comments:

Mama Jeannie said...

I am moved to tears and I love the way my kids love each other. My cup truly does run over and trickles down my cheeks. I love you Amos and Em and Sass and Coby and all four of my other kids who came into my life because of all of you. I love you!

Elizabeth said...

Sweet post Amy. :-)

Emily said...

You have no idea how much this post means. I am crying my eyes out...kind of par for the course today (at least this is a good cry). I love you too!! I am glad that we are finding our way to normalcy when it comes to having busy seperate, but very shared lives. Thank you for your sweet words!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails