Wednesday, August 27, 2008

"Cooper Day"

After making it through a few homeschool days where being entertained is something that Cooper missed out on, he was excited to have a "Cooper Day" yesterday while the big kids were at school.  


For starters, Cooper began taking a Sports Skills class at a local kids' gym yesterday.  He LOVED it!!!  He was so excited about it before we got there, ran right in, and eagerly did everything that the coach asked him to.  He would look out the window into the lobby every once in a while and wave to me and flash that big ol' Cooper smile at me, but other than that he was focused on the sport of the day... Football.  

It was different sitting in the lobby watching Cooper take his class.  The last time that we were at that gym (and for countless years before that - all 3 kids have taken classes there) I have been in a Parent/ Child class with him.  Now, he is old enough to do gym classes alone.  It was nice to sit and watch and video and laugh.  I mean it!  I laughed so much!  I think I was the most entertained mommy in the room as I watched my little man try to do jumping jacks (along with 15 other 3 year old boys) and run in place (which he obviously didn't understand... I realized this when he took off running big circles around the gym) and do various stretches.  I literally was laughing out loud... he was so cute!

~ Cooper sitting on his star waiting for class to begin ~
~ after Sports Skills class ~
He was so happy!
After gym class and a trip to Hobby Lobby, it was time for Cooper's playgroup.  We were planning on meeting at my sister's neighborhood pool to take advantage of the summer temperatures that we are having, but when we arrived at the pool it was closed due to maintenance.  (try explaining that to 2 and 3 year olds that are excited about swimming!).  So, we loaded up and headed to a little neighborhood shopping center that has fountains that the kids could run and play and cool off in.  Cooper loved it... eventually.  When we first pulled up, he yelled, "I can't float here!!!"  See... he used a friend's "floaties" a while ago and swam really well with them.  Ever since then, I have been looking for some to buy for him.  Well, evidentially the summer swimming things in the stores had been replaced by fall decor (and Christmas decorations in some cases)... even though it is still over 100 degrees outside and swimming is the only way that a person can survive outside these days.  Finally, I thought to go to a pool supply store, and they had floaties!!!  Cooper was so excited and even wore them around the house the night that we brought them home.  :)  He found a way to merge his expectations with his reality though... Floaties in the fountain!

 Claire took her time getting wet.

Mommy helped her see how good the water would feel on her toes. 

~ buddies ~
We took a picnic break, and Cooper enjoyed his Gogurt...
... while Claire REALLY enjoyed her mommy's bar.


7 comments:

Mama Jeannie said...

YEA for a Cooper day!! Looks like you and your boy had so much fun together. I loved all the pics and the ones of Play Group made me smile lots too.

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I like the picture of all the kiddos in the fountain ... and Claire's messy face. Glad Cooper had a fun day!

Jenny said...

That's wild you're doing that class, b/c my friend Erica and I were planning on signing up our boys this fall for Wednesday mornings. We had our older boys in it together 3 years ago. But when we got their new schedule their class prices are way higher than the last time I took classes and now you do it for the year instead of semester.

Caleb did it and had fun. I'm sure Cooper will love trying out all the sports. I wonder what he'll like the most?

Amy said...

I think that you can pay for it in smaller increments... you should check on that.

Elizabeth said...

Wow, that just melts my heart about the sportsters class. Sam tried that class with Caleb, and well, it just didn't go so well. And now I realize he was THREE when he took it! Oh my word time flies. I'm glad Coop is liking it - he's so stinkin' cute!

Emily said...

I am so glad that you are getting to have so much fun one on one time with Cooper. I can't wait to see him in his sports class sometime, i have no doubt it is super cute.
I am sorry that our pool was closed, but I was glad that we still had a good time. You got some great pictures.

Julie said...

I love the picture of the boys huddled around Cooper in his floaties.
It just makes you wonder what the guys are discussing - probably something like, "Cool wings, dude! I gotta get some of those" :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails