Sunday, August 10, 2008

Who's Talkin' Now?

Okay, tonight was the highlight of the Olympics (so far) for me!  When I heard that the French swimmers were talking trash about "smashing" the Americans, my interest in the men's 4 x 100 relay went from highly-interested to super-duper-interested.  Call me competitive.  Call me patriotic.  Not to mention that I am becoming more of a Michael Phelps fan by the moment.  So when that race came on tonight, I was ready!  I had all of my "team spirit" and "happy thoughts" working, but by the 4th leg of the race I was thinking, "Dang it!  I didn't want the French smack-talkers to win!  I wanted Michael Phelps to get the gold and be that much closer to his goal.  I wanted America to win!..."  Then it happened!!!  Jason Lezac came from behind, and in an almost miraculous moment I jumped several feet from my chair to front and center in my living room and stood inches away from the TV screaming with excitement... and he touched the wall!  We won!!!  

Have I mentioned that I LOVE the Olympics?!?!?

5 comments:

Mama Jeannie said...

I feel the very same way and I missed it!! I cannot believe I missed that race!!! I could NOT keep my eyes open, so I went to bed. THEN, dad told me about how exciting the relay was this morning. I could have kicked myself for falling asleep and wished that he had come in to wake me up. Who knew what a nail-biter it would be? Maybe this will be one race that will be replayed over and over again. YEA for America!!! YEA for the perseverance and determination of an amazing swim team!!! Bet those trash-talking French guys were very quiet after that, weren't they? :0)

Jenny said...

Oh, I went to bed like your mom. But, I did record it. Steve stayed up and watched it. He said he was jumping on the couch as quietly as possible. It was an amazing race. (I had to go watch it as soon as I read your post!) I just LOVE watching the Olympics!!!

Jenny said...

oh, and I love the title of your post!

Elizabeth said...

Okay...so I guess I need to catch the fever, huh? :-) I do love gymnastics, swimming and diving.

Emily said...

I am so bummed that we are missing the Olympics, I LOVE them too!!! I love these come from behind stories!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails