Saturday, August 1, 2009

Baby Brystol

The day after we did the photo shoot of Amanda's baby-belly (see last post), she went to the hospital very early in the morning to give birth to Baby Brystol. I joined her there a little later and chatted with her and her husband while they waited to go to the OR for Amanda's c-section. On my bright-and-early-drive to the hospital, the sunrise was several beautiful shades of pink - the perfect way for the sky to look on the morning of a sweet baby girl's birth. While I was driving up to the hospital I was so incredibly happy thinking of the new, long-awaited chapter that was beginning for my friend.

~ Amanda & me ~
After Brystol was born she went to the NICU for a bit then to recovery with her mommy, so I was not around to take photos. Later that day I went back to visit Amanda and get my hands on that sweet baby girl. When I drove up to the hospital the memories of being there with Amanda when Zachary was born overcame me. Parking in almost the same parking space, riding the same elevator, walking past the same nurses station... then walking into a room with my friend holding her baby. It overwhelmed me. It was emotional and surprising. I had been so composed that morning. But now - seeing this little miracle for the first time - I could not contain my emotion. She was perfect and beautiful!

~ such a miracle ~
Amanda - Words cannot express how happy I am for you and how thankful I am to God for your wonderful miracle baby. I love you both!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I love you, my friend. Thank you for sharing such an amazing day with me.

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

What a blessed day. So glad you got to share it with Amanda.

Mama Jeannie said...

Well, that almost made me cry with wonderful emotion and I've only heard a snippet of Zachary and Amanda's family story; and now THIS... This wonderful miracle of sweet Brystol! Why shouldn't the whole world cry out for the joy of this new life? Precious post Amy. I love you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails