Thursday, August 20, 2009

Pool Time

On our trip to Galveston, we stayed at a hotel across the street from the ocean. While it was great to spend time on the beach, we really enjoyed the clean, (mostly) sand-free pool at our hotel and spent a lot of time there.

By the last day, I decided to document with my iPhone that I was, in fact, on the family trip. ;) I enjoyed swimming with the kids and sitting on the side of the pool in the sun.
In my dreams, I imagine sitting pool-side and reading book... so I tried to make my dream come true by re-reading New Moon. (I want to do that before the movie comes out in November. Insert *squeal*!)... Sadly, I confirmed that it is still not "my time" to do that yet. I think that I got about 4 pages read in between checking on the kids, bathroom breaks, getting dripped on, going to get snacks & drinks... You know? Mom stuff. Someday, by golly... I am going to sit by a pool and read a book!
Corey owns his own business, so he pretty much works 365 days a year. Thankfully, a lot of his work can be done remotely. While we were gone, he would spend a few hours each day in the room working from his laptop & phone while the kids and I swam. Here he is coming out to take a fresh-air-check-on-the-family-break.
~ Pool Princess ~
Yep, Jack was sad in this photo, but I think it is sweet.
~ Daddy taking a nap pool-side while Coop take a video game break ~
So that is it for the Galveston posts. Can you believe that we only spent two nights there?!? I know, it's seemed like a gazillion! ;) We know how to squeeze a lot of fun (and a ton of photos) into a short amount of time. After Galveston, we went to Houston for 2 nights... I think I can actually get to that post now (But don't hold your breath... What's that? You weren't planning on it?).

3 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I'm glad you made it into some of the photos! Looks like a great time.

Shan said...

Way to go! Mom's do need to be in the photos too! See now you can make your own Twilight scrapbook with a picture such as that one. Sorry you haven't been able to re-read New Moon yet. Maybe we can plan on all of us seeing the movie together when it comes out? Sara & I are playing a MEAN game of phone tag right now. I miss her! Today was K's birthday. Glad you are doing well =)

Alicia said...

Holy Cow...I had to take a double take at your picture...Allie looks JUST like you! Great Pictures!

Related Posts with Thumbnails