Saturday, August 1, 2009

Visiting Sassy

A couple of weeks ago (Has it been that long?!? Time is getting away from me this summer!) I mentioned that the kids and I had been to Oklahoma to see my sister Sara (We call her Sassy.) & her family, but I never posted the pictures of what we did while we were there... so here you go.

The first day that we were there, we went to the movies to see Ice Age 3, Dawn Of The Dinosaurs. It was fun for all of us --- except for 2-year-old Asher who was a bit scared at times. The second day, we went to Sara's friend's house to swim in her new pool. It was fun to meet Shannon in person. We had actually become bloggy/ phone friends as we communicated about Jonas Brothers and what-not. Thank you for your hospitality, Shannon. It was great to meet your family and you in person and see your lovely new home! The next thing on our list of highlights from our trip (Actually, I think this tops that list!) was going tubing on the lake that Sara & Beau's camp is on. Beau was nice enough to take us out on the boat one evening, and we all LOVED tubing!
~ Allie & Ainsley ~
~ Asher & Jack ~
~ Jack & Allie on the tube ~
I think this is the happiest I have seen them all summer.
~ screaming fun! ~
~ Sara & Asher ~
~ happy boy ~
~ Coop & I were last to go tubing ~
Isn't the sun set beautiful?!?
He loved it!
The next day Sara & I took the kids to a small waterpark in a nearby town. It was a lot of fun to hang out with my sister and all of our kids out in the sun and water.

~ Sara & Ainsley ~
~ Asher ~
~ Allie Cat ~
~ Jack getting dumped on ~
~ my boy ~
~ Cooper ~
~ Sara playing in the water with her kids ~
Each time that we have been to visit Sara we have had a great time but are really excited to cross back into God's Country - ummm, I mean Texas - when our visit is over. We usually stop at the visitor center and go to the vending machines to give us the energy that we need to make it the last leg of the trip.

~ Back in Texas ~
Beau & Sara - Thank you for having us. We love you and your kiddos a ton!

2 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

That looked like a lot of fun!

Mama Jeannie said...

Such a fun fun trip! Thanks for sharing the highlights Amos. That pic of the flags in Texas was pretty neat too.... came in second place next to the photos of my grandchildren. :0)

Related Posts with Thumbnails