Saturday, August 1, 2009

Expecting A Miracle

Recently I had the privilege of taking maternity photos of my dear friend Amanda. It was really fun to photograph such a great friend and such a happy moment in her life. She is beautiful, and on this day - the day before she gave birth to her beautiful baby girl, Brystol - she was glowing. Photographing Amanda is exceptionally special because of the history that we share. A little over 2 years ago I was with Amanda and her husband James on the night that their very premature baby was born and passed away. (I wrote about that night here.) While the birth of this new, precious baby in no way replaces Zachary, his life makes hers seem even more incredibly special.


As I was preparing this post, I tried to only choose a few photos to share, but I simply could not. This was one of my favorite photo shoots ever... for so many reasons. My love of photography is what it is because of the people that I photograph and the emotions that I get to feel while I am doing it. Thank you Amanda for letting me share this beautiful day in your life with you.




















3 comments:

Amanda said...

Beautiful, beautiful pictures, Amy! Thank you once again for recording such a memorable time in my life. You have such a talent and I appreciate you sharing it with me.

On another note, WOW what a belly! No wonder I felt so miserable there at the end. We need an after-baby photo shoot! :)

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Those are so great ... I love the one of Amanda's hands making the heart over her belly.

And you're right, Amanda ... that was a big belly! :)

Mama Jeannie said...

Amanda and Amy...Absolutely gorgeous! Your gift of photography never ceases to amaze me, sweet girl, and this miracle moment in time for Amanda and her family has been captured in a most beautiful and memorable way.

Related Posts with Thumbnails