Monday, July 16, 2007

2 Year Olds!





When people tell you how hard being a mommy is I think that they are usually talking about the sleepless nights, the being on-call 24 hours a day, the no time to yourself, etc. The big secret is that having your kids' picture taken should be added to that "hard things about being a mommy" list. Oh my gosh! Every time I have taken one of my kids, when they are little, to get pictures taken I reach a point that I am sweaty, frustrated, and near tears. I was at that very point yesterday as my sister-in-law and I tried to get 2 two year olds (and a photographer... long story) to cooperate. Our two little bundles of joy are special cousins. They were due on the same day and born 9 days apart. So I like to say that we get to "play twins" with them. We have dressed them alike, had birthday parties together, and have taken them to have birthday pictures the last 2 years. They are great fun! I love to watch them together - even when they are snatching each others toys and whopping each other in the head. They are so funny. They are learning about life together. So, because they are so cute, and I want to capture it, I endure the photo sessions. :) I am so glad that I endured yesterday. Have you ever seen anything cuter than 2 babies on a motorcycle in their leather jacket and boa?!?!

2 comments:

coby said...

I know being a mommy is hard work and all of you girls do such a great job at it. Luv Ya.... Coby

Adrielle said...

Even though it was a bit frustrating, you're SO right...it's great fun having "twin" cousins, and I will FOREVER cherish the memories not only of their births and birthdays, but getting to share my first pregnancy with you. I was so thankful we got to do it all together. You are a blessing to my life!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails