Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The Drinking Log



Traditions are funny. Some of the ones that my family has, I don't even know where they came from or why. Like drinking from "the drinking log". I know that my mom's side of the family used to have family reunions in the Cimarron Canyon when she was a child and would drink from this log. Ever since then, anytime a Hennigh decendant (at least those on our branch of the family tree) pass the log, we stop and take a drink from its natural "spouts". It is probably a gross thing to some people, but it is a fun highlight of our family trips. One that my kids started talking about before we ever left Texas and reminded us of the whole trip..."Don't forget, we have to stop at the drinking log on the way home."



1 comment:

Mama Jeannie said...

What sweet memories that I'm sure I took for granted as a child. Who knew generations to come would dring from that very same log? I'm so glad you and your family do that. :0)

Related Posts with Thumbnails