Monday, July 9, 2007

Miss Potter

I have added a new movie to my all-time-favorites list. It is called Miss Potter - about the life of Beatrix Potter. It is a beautiful movie about love and friendship. A dear friend of mine told me about it and said that she thought about the friendship that she and I share when she saw Beatrix and Amelia on the screen. I did too. These girls unexpectidly discovered friendship. They were a bit unlikely, but as they got to know each other they had so many things in common. They tried to figure life out together. They brainstormed and thought of philosophies. They were happy for each other when there was something good that happened in one of their lives. They morned together as they endured a heartbreaking loss. They found comfort in each other. To you, my friend, I say in the words of Millie, "I warn you, I am prepared to like you very much."

2 comments:

Amanda said...

And I, you. I'm very glad you liked the movie. Can't wait until we're together again, as I have news to share.

Amy said...

Oh my goodness... I can't wait to hear your news!

Related Posts with Thumbnails