Thursday, July 12, 2007

Girls' Night Out

I am excited. Tonight I get to take my little girl on what our family calls "a date". There is a sometimes a difficult thing about having three kids, and that is that I often feel pulled between them. Spread so thin that I am not thick enough for anyone. A feeling like "the squeaky wheel is getting the grease" and some kids are just more "squeaky" than others. So I treasure the times that I get to spend one on one with all of them. For the baby, our time together usually consists of cuddeling on the couch. He loves that. For Jack, his special time can be as simple as laying with him while I rub his back or as complex as Chuck E. Cheese's - and for you that have been there, that is pretty complex for adults. For Allie, our time together these days always consists of shopping. Shopping & dinner. Shopping & a movie. Shopping & Sonic. Shopping & Starbuck's. She is evolving more and more into a type of girlfriend, and I love it. I look forward to the days that we get to go on bigger shopping trips - maybe to New Your City or The Mall of America - but for now, I love our trips to Target.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

aw! have fun tonight with your girly girl. i try to have date nights with my kids too. they love it!

Emily said...

I can't wait to see the pictures. You have been a good example of making special dates with your kids. I can't wait until Claire and I can enjoy special moments like that.

Mama Jeannie said...

I bet you and Allie had so much fun, didn't you? Special one on one times with each child can be the greatest times to really communicate about what is deeply important, even along with the fun and laughter. I always loved those times we had lke that Amy. I hope you can remember them a little. You were my 'sweet girl'... still are. :0)

Related Posts with Thumbnails