Tuesday, July 17, 2007

We're Going To The Mountains!

Every year about this time Corey and I get an itch for the mountains. This year we had not even considered going... until about 2 days ago. That is when the point-of-no-return desire for the beauty, peace, solitude, family-time, and cool weather kicked in. We talked it over for about a day and yesterday we decided that yes, it would be worth it to make a flying long-weekend trip to Red River, NM. We love that little town. In some ways it actually feels like home. Nothing changes much from year to year, so whether it has been 2 years or 5 since our last visit it always seems like we are picking up right where we left off last time. The last time we went to Red River was 2 years ago. Our baby was 3 months old. Yes, we camped for a week, in the mountains with a 3 month old baby. It was wonderful! I am a little nervous about this adventure as that little 3 month old has grown into quite a rowdy 2 year old that happens to love the water. So, I am not sure if the river is going to be quite as relaxing this time as it was last time. That's okay. It will be a memory. A true adventure, I am sure. Today when I told my grandad that we were going to the mountains, he said, "That's great! Do it while you are young. You never know when you won't be able to do it anymore." This from a man that loves the beautiful mountains but whose health will not allow him to visit them anymore. So, we are going! Last minute and with other hurdles that need to be jumped, but we are going!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh, have a great time Amy! I love the mountains too. Take lots of pictures! We'll have to crop when you get back. If I can get your mail or anything, let me know!

Amy said...

Thanks Eliz. Call you when I get home...

Mama Jeannie said...

Amy! That is wonderful!! Oh how I wish Daddy and I could make the trip up there to see the mountains. When are you going? The trip is long, especially with three kiddos, but will be soooo worth it. I'm glad you'll get to spend a little time with Gma and Gdad too. They'll love seeing all of you. Have fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails