Monday, July 9, 2007

What do you think about me? What do I think about you?

A thought that stands out to me in a marriage study that Corey & I are doing at church right now is to think about our spouse as a "good person of good intent". I think that it would help to think of people, in general, that way.

I read this on another person's blog and thought that it was good...

"When one is truly walking with God his only concern is what his Divine Master thinks of him. If he makes conscience of all that displeases Him, if he daily confesses to Him every known sin and begs Him to cleanse him from sins of ignorance and omission, if he be sincerely endeavoring to walk in the path of obedience, it will trouble him very little what other worms of the dust think or say about him.

He is conscious of the fact that God knows his heart, that if only he has the approbation of the Lord this is worth infinitely more than the highest esteem of all mankind. Said the apostle Paul, "But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you" (1 Cor. 4:3): their opinion mattered nothing, his responsibility was not unto them. "Yea, I judge not mine self," he added: Christ alone is my Lord and Judge, by Him I stand or fall. Blessed liberty is it when we are delivered from being in bondage to the fickle opinions and estimates of man, who will one day cry "Hosannah" and the next day "crucify."

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails