Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Home


Well, we're home... although I somehow felt at home while we were camping in a tent by the river in New Mexico too. I think the mountains are where my soul is the most content. From the minute I saw the majestic mountains, rolled down my window and smelled the fresh pine air, and felt the coolness on my skin I felt more like myself than I ever do here. I love wearing sweatshirs, getting my feet wet in the river, taking walks in God's beautiful creation, sitting in the sun yet not being hot, the laid back lifestyle that the mountian-people live, watching my kids explore and find fun in the simplicity of nature, falling asleep to the sound of the river. If I could, I would pack up today and drive right back to my home-away-from-home.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails