Sunday, July 29, 2007

Sentimental

I am a sentimental person... probably too sentimental. I save every alomost every paper my kids write on - especially when they are learning to draw smiley faces and write their names, I keep way too many toys and books that they have played with - I can't bear to pass on some of the things that I have such fond memories of them playing with, I have saved almost all of their baby clothes - I can't even think about giving those precious things that bundled my babies away, I even have significant clothes of my own that I will probably never wear again - who needs the dress that they left their wedding in or bridesmaid dresses? Well, there is something less common that I am also attached to. Trees and bushes at my house. I always hate it when they get trimmed. It always seems like too much. Maybe it is because I am so bad at growing flowers - trees and bushes are pretty self-sufficiant. Maybe that is why I get so attached to them. Maybe their fullness reminds me that I kept them alive. Maybe I just like things more natural looking, less manicured. Well, today I literally cried over Corey trimming and cutting down trees at our house. After consulting my outdoorsey brother, he decided to "clean things up" in the back. I hate it! My little cove of overgrown trees is gone. Maybe it looks better, but I don't care. It was cozy. It was what I loved about the back yard when we bought this house. Now it is gone. So call me too sentimental, I don't care. I like things the way that I like them.

5 comments:

Corey Powell said...

I definitely think Coby is to blame here.

Sara said...

My first thought was that you're weird...and you ARE. But I'll have to say, I understood a little better what you meant after you said you actually cried. AND...I didn't realize that he CUT trees DOWN at first! I thought he was just "trimming". I love you weirdo. I'm sorry about your trees! (And I actually mean that.)

Mama Jeannie said...

)O: I'm so sorry Amy... and Corey. I bet that was hard for both of you, wasn't it? You're right; it was such a cozy spot. On the other hand, home improvments are kind of exciting, even when things have to be torn down to build or plant them back better. What else are you going to do back there? Wish I could come help. Who knows, this may be the very thing that causes someone to love the house and the yard at the same time and you will make the sale. YEA!!! Amy, you don't even listen to your ole silly sister. You're not weird... just sentimental. :0)

Amy said...

No, I don't think that it was hard for Corey at all. I don't know what his plan is beyond the tree chopping. I don't have one. I am not planting anything. I'll just kill it. If it is not named Allie, Jack, or Cooper, I don't have the time or energy to keep it alive right now.

coby said...

Okay, Okay, Okay!!!! I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to cause this. I just think that a more manicured look is nice. I understand what you are saying about having a nice nook to for coffee, but I bet once you get a few flowers planted back there the new look will grow on ya. I really am sorry and no I don't think you are weird.

Related Posts with Thumbnails