Monday, July 30, 2007

4 1/2 Hours at Starbucks

Last night a friend and I went out to celebrate her birthday. We met at Starbucks and thought that we might go to a movie or to dinner from there, but we ended up just staying and chatting at Starbucks for our entire evening out. After a cup of coffee, a glass of water, 4 1/2 hours, and a prompting from the Starbuck's lady with a broom we called it a night. When I realized how long we had been there I was amazed. It had not seemed that long at all. We had such a great time just visiting and getting to know each other better. I love talking to her. She has such great insights into life. We have a lot in common, and we like to share and compare our life stories. I guess that the phrase "time flies when you're having fun" is true. Happy Birthday Bea.

2 comments:

Mama Jeannie said...

How great that you got to spend time with a trusted and very precious friend. Have we ever met Bea? Mommy nights out are like a treasured jewell, aren't they? I called you last night Amos. I was home alone while Dad was in Ft. Worth at the Coaches Convention, so I rented "Miss Potter". LOVED it... except for one part of course and that made me almost as sad as Beatrix. Good grief! Life can be so wonderful and seem to fall apart without any warning in a moment, can't it? Anyway, the movie made me want to buy all the children's books that incredible persevering woman has ever written. I'm so thankful she found true love with William afterall, aren't you? I may watch the movie again before I take it back. I'd love for dad to get to see it, but I can promise you he'd fall asleep before Peter Rabbit could wiggle his ears twice.

Amanda said...

HeeHee -- have we ever met Bea? (Your mom's comment.) I love that inside joke, and I love my Millie. Thanks for the post about that night. I'm catching up on some posts I missed, and am thinking it would be nice to close down another Starbucks really soon.

Related Posts with Thumbnails