Friday, August 24, 2007

Are You Ready For Some Football?

We crossed a new threshold last night. Jack started his first season of football. Flag-football. It is going to be so cute watching him play.

Football has been part of my life since I was born. My dad is a high school football coach, so I have spent many, many Friday nights at the football field. I love that atmosphere! Now that I have a family of my own, our Fridays don't always include football, but our Monday nights do. I actually love that too... more and more as my little guy gets more and more excited about it. Oh, I know that our Saturday mornings at the flag-football field will be different from any Friday or Monday that I have experienced, but I have to think that they will be even better. I love watching my kids play sports, watching my husband coach them, and watching my baby play along... fully certain that he is one of the team.

1 comment:

Mama Jeannie said...

Amy,I just got through reading all your latest end of summer/school day blog entries. What precious thoughts, memories, hopes, and dreams for you children. Reading your words was like being transported back in time. I can so relate to all the feelings you feel. I still hope my kids will be loving and kind, I hope they will be sensitive to others and be gracious when someone in a bad mood says hurtful things to them. I hope they will sometimes be as excited to see me as I am them, although I know none of you even have time to miss me like I miss you. Most of all I hope my kids are happy and that whether you are or not; that you will walk with God and trust in Him completely. I pray He would fill your hearts with joy as you watch your little ones grow, change, and find wonder in each new day and adventure. I love you, Mama

Related Posts with Thumbnails