Sunday, August 19, 2007

Insomnia

I used to be a person that went to sleep, slept all night, then woke up in the morning. Until a few years ago. I didn’t realize what a blessing that was. These days… or nights, rather, I am up in the middle of the night probably 3-4 times a week. Usually it is not until 4am or so, so I can handle that. That is kind of like a full night of sleep. Kind of. Well, tonight I woke up as I often do. I laid there trying to be really, really still for probably an hour. Trying to trick myself into thinking that I was still asleep – that there was nothing worth thinking about or getting up to do. Finally I looked at my watch in my foggy state and thought that it said 5:05am. Yea! I had made it to morning! Then, I looked at it again and realized that it was 1:25am! Much too early to “call it a night”. So I laid there and gave myself a good “talkin’ to”. “You MUST go back to sleep!” Well, here I am – an hour later. Awake as can be. Trying to wear myself, or at least my active little mind, out on this computer. My middle-of-the-night-friend.

There is nothing that I can pinpoint that wakes me up or keeps me up. Usually I am not worried about anything. I am not thinking about anything in particular – only the fact that morning – along with 3 kids and all of my responsibilities - is coming, so I must go to sleep. I have tried everything, but I cannot make this insanity end. So, if you think about it, pray for me… I’m not kidding. I am a tired mommy.

Sweet Dreams.

2 comments:

Mama Jeannie said...

Sweet Amy girl,
Needing/wanting to sleep and not being able to is so frustrating, isn't it? God works in mysterious ways, His wonders to perform. I don't say that lightly either. Sometimes God's ways are not even close to what we would think we need. However, they are greater and perfect, aren't they? Something to consider... could it be that He is calling you to intercession in those quiet morning hours? Could it be that He will supernaturally intervene with the rest you long for and need in surprising ways each day? Just a thought. I will pray for sure and I trust God will meet you in that hard and sometimes exhausting place. I love you, Mama

Amy said...

Yes, I always pray as I lay there... but I am still very tired.

Related Posts with Thumbnails