Monday, August 27, 2007

Happy Birthday, Brother!



Today is my big brother's birthday. I don't have many memories of my childhood, but I do remember Coby & I dressing up in our frontier gear and exploring in the field beside our house. I remember that we made big plans to grow up someday to be a pilot (him) and a flight attendant (me). I remember when he joined the Navy. I was so proud of him. I remember the night that we got a call that he was going to the Gulf War. I was so scared. I remember when he came home after I was married and lived close by... the afternoon movies that we would go see together, the fun times that Corey, Coby, and I would share. I remember going to 6 Flags with him and my sisters just before he got married. We all knew that life was about to change, and we savored the time together - just us four. I remember his wedding day... how nervous and excited and in love that he was. But my most fond memories with him are those that we have shared in the last 3 years. On the night that I went to tell my family that I was expecting my baby, Cooper, his wife and he were also announcing that they were expecting... we were all so surprised. We were even more surprised when we discovered that the babies were due on the same day. There was no way that I was going to miss seeing my brother become a father, so the night that we got the call that Adrielle was in labor I got my big ol' 9 month pregnant self to Waco... from Dallas... in the middle of the night... with a full moon... having contractions every 5 minutes the whole way there. It was amazing seeing that little boy that I grew up with emerge into a father, and it has been even more amazing to see him develop into a wonderful daddy. My baby was born 9 days after his, and his new little family came to join us as we welcomed our bundle of joy. We have shared so many things since then because of our babies. Raising kids together has brought something into our relationship that I love. Life has become more and more special with my big brother as time passes, and I realize what a neat guy he has become. Happy Birthday, Brother! I love you.

2 comments:

Mama Jeannie said...

I don't know about Coby, but that blessed my socks off! I love you. Mama

coby said...

WOW....what a wonderful bunch of memories. I am so blessed to have such a dynamic woman as a sister. Your sweet words mean so much to me. I love you very much and look forward to making many more fond memories as time goes by.

Related Posts with Thumbnails