Friday, August 31, 2007

Thinking of E

Thoughts are racing in my head
While I should be lying in my bed.
Life is such an unusual thing.
One day melancholy. One day spring.
That's not fair and this is not fair...
A lesson to grasp as a child,
But when life rears its ugly side
My head spins - oh so wild!
I talked to her. She talked to me.
We wondered why this is so.
I think that there are some things
That are not for us to know.
So I put my thoughts back on the shelf -
No point in digging through them.
I try to rest and sleep in peace
That only can come through Him.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Did you write this? It is so hard when life throws you curve balls, i don't know why God allows things to get so out of whack. It is good to know that He is always in control, even when we are not. Sometimes it sure would be nice to see the bigger picture.

Amy said...

I did.

"Through the darkest moment in our family's life, God showed us His path, and covered us as we walked it. Our family was completely protected through this entire ordeal. He answered every one of our requests! We just give every ounce of our gratitude and praise to the Lord. He is faithful."

I think that I will sleep better tonight...

Related Posts with Thumbnails