Saturday, August 11, 2007

Choir Camp Performance

The kids at our church had a camp Monday - Friday this week where they learned a musical, and they performed it on Friday night. It was so great!!! Allie & Jack were both in it... Jack had a solo - the first song of the night. He did so well. He did not seem nervous at all, and he sang really well! I was super proud of him! Allie was on the art team during the week. They made all of the props for the musical and small paintings on canvases as well. She seems to be pretty artistic, and I loved the painting that she created! Cooper was, as always, the little spectator. He loved the singing and would yell, "Yea Allie. Yea Jackie." ever so often. He was joined by almost all of my side of the family. They are always so good to try to come and support my kids. I love that about the family that I have!





Our church has grown and changed so much since we started going there 7 years ago. It was a little bitty thing then - a place where everyone knew everone -, but it has grown so much that we don't always get to see our close friends on Sunday mornings anymore. Growth in churches is a good thing, but it comes with growing pains, and that is one of them. I loved being at my church last night. It seemed like the "good old days" where everyone knew everyone and were so happy to see each other. It was like a big family reunion. I am so thankful for a church that we can team up that will help to instill our values in our kids. They are learning such valuable lessons... and so are we.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Jack and Allie both did such a great job! We had a such a fun week, and they worked so hard. I knew you would be proud! :-)

Emily said...

I loved being at the performance. It was so cool to see Jack's confidence as he sang in front of so many people. He is so special!! Allie really is creative too, even if she doesn't like the limelight. I am so proud to be their aunt.

Related Posts with Thumbnails