Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Mommy Time


My little guy is the most snuggly at this age of all of my kids. Several times a day he loves to climb into my lap and just be for a moment. Needless to say, I love it. His most necessary Mommy Time moment is in the mornings. He likes to snuggle before his day gets underway, and if for some reason we miss it, he hunts me down later to get it. Now that school has started for the older 2 kids, we are getting out in the mornings much earlier than he is used to. Today he was sleeping so soundly when I had to pick him up in his little Buzz & Woody pjs and put him in the car. No time for a morning snuggle. Without fail, when we got home, he walked up to me with his 2 little fingers in his mouth and reached up to me - his wordless way of asking for Mommy Time. Of course I dropped everything to cuddle my baby, and in that moment I was reminded why I am a stay-at-home mom.

Cooper & me - March 2006

2 comments:

Emily said...

I love that you and Coop are getting some one on one time. He is such a sweet and funny boy, I love him like crazy! I have already been sad about my next kids not getting special moments like what Claire and I share. Although I know that it will be different it is hearing about moments like these that give me hope.

Mama Jeannie said...

I love getting a glimpse into your sweet mommy times Amy. I think partly because they bring back such precious memories of my own. The world would not have been gift enough to keep me from holding, loving, and watching you grow day after day; spirit, soul, and body. Thankfulness overwhelms me when I think of it... as I imagine once more the warmth of those snuggles with my little ones.

Related Posts with Thumbnails