Monday, August 13, 2007

I Wonder Why.

Today I am asking "Why?". My dear friend is enduring the loss of a baby. Again. For the fourth time. I don't understand why such terrible things happen to such wonderful people. I don't understand why the Creator of life ever allows life to begin if it is only to last a matter of weeks... It leaves such a lifetime of pain in its wake when it is gone. Why? I don't understand how some people seem to fly through life "under the radar" and others - just as Godly, just as good - seem to never catch a break. Why? It is a question that I have learned to try not to ask as there is not usually an answer at all... and never is there an answer that is "good enough".

4 comments:

Adrielle said...

Amen, sister. I understand the questions. I will be praying for your friend. I'm sure this is too hard even for words, but I do know that God's comfort, his grace, is enough. Love you!

Emily said...

I wish there was an answer to the massive WHY? question. Life is so unfair at times. I am so sorry that you and your friend, and so many others have to aske why about the loss of a child! I think that must be the biggest WHY? out there. I will definately send up a prayer for her, and you. I love you sister!

Mama Jeannie said...

Amy,
Words just will never be enough to heal the pain, but maybe knowing how loved you are; how loved your friend is, can cushion the blows of life. My mind somehow falls short in comprehending how a person can possibly heal after losing a child, but I do know that our God says He will do it; He will carry us and cover us. Nothing is impossible or too hard for Him. Mere words are never enough, but God Himself is, even in the most difficult situations. He is with you sweet girl; He is with your precious friend and hears the cries and frustrations of your hearts. Praise God we can be sure He wants us to snuggle up to Him like your children snuggle up to you. He makes all things new. I love you. Mama

Amanda said...

I don't know why things like this happens either - God's ways are a mystery. But one thing I know with all certainty is that your friend appreciates you immensely and cannot imagine walking through this valley without you. Your compassion, your patience, your understanding, and your fervent prayers are more valuable than treasures. You are a rare blessing indeed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails