Monday, September 1, 2008

Swimmin'... Oklahoma Style

This weekend the kids and I hit the road for Oklahoma to visit my sister, Sara, in hopes that we could help her get a few things marked off of her To Do List before little Ainsley Grace arrives (which should be in the next couple of weeks).  I think that we did some good... although working through a To Do List with one very pregnant gal, 3 kids, and 1 "not-kid" (as I have been instructed to call Allie) is a bit of a slow process. 

One of the days that we were there, Sara and I took the kids on a mini-road-trip to a little town outside of Tulsa to visit our cousin Traci and her new family & our aunt and uncle.  It was so fun to see everyone and spend time hanging out with them.  I have always thought that it was nice and relaxing to be with that part of my family... although it does not happen nearly enough!  Here are some pictures from our trip to Traci & Tim's:

 After last week's cancelled trip to the swimming pool, Cooper was so excited that he finally got to use his new floaties!!!  He asked me as soon as he saw the pool if it was "deep"... hoping that it was.  He LOVED jumping off the edge and enjoyed the new-found freedom that his floaties provide him.  And I thought that his added accessories were hilarious!
My cousin, Traci, and Cooper 
(note the big, pink flippers :) )
Asher liked accessorizing too.  :)  He has the coolest little tube that he swims in and found the pink & purple floaties and snorkel to be nice additions to his swimming attire.
~New Cousins~
Traci recently married a nice man with 2 sweet kiddos.  My kids enjoyed getting to know them. 

Jack and Alex
(They are the same age and seemed to hit it off well.)
Allie & Helen

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Helen look like Kennedy in the face! Maybe it's her smile? Glad you had fun! What little town was it?

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

That's so weird, I see what Elizabeth's saying. There's some small resemblance.

Glad you had fun!

Mama Jeannie said...

I didn't know you got to spend time with Traci and her family and Denise. That is so great! Wish I could have been there. I was surprised to see Tracy's hair so long! Wish I could have seen her face! :0) Her new kids are precious too. How neat that your kids and they all hit it off so well. I wonder if they might come down when Ainsley is born? That would be fun to meet them and to get to see Traci and maybe Denise and Barry too. Glad you had such a fun trip to OK.

Related Posts with Thumbnails