Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas With Grandad & Grandma

After packing until after 3am the night before and hosting my Big Ol' Family for breakfast and gift-exchanging, we were ready to for the next part of our holiday... the traveling part.  The day after Christmas, most of my side of the family - 17 of us - headed 6 hours north to my grandparents' house.  It was the first time that we had all been together in their home in a long time, and it was really, really fun!  



I loved spending time in the kitchen with my grandma preparing a few meals.  I adore this lady!
(Yes, I stayed in my PJs most of the day - that is Christmas to me!)
We all enjoyed eating "Grandma's Noodles".  If there is one thing that tastes like Christmas at Grandma's, it is her noodles.  I asked her for the recipe this year, and she said there isn't one.  It is a-little-of-this-a-little-of-that.  This year, my cousin Alex made them with her... I think that next year, I might have to try to be her apprentice, so I can learn how to make them too.
My grandparents (along with a special elf, I think) made sure that all of the great-grandkids had something special to open at their house.  I can't tell you how wonderful it was to see the chaos of all the kids opening a gift and the joy that those gifts brought them all day.  It is really one of the most defining things about Christmas-get-togethers with kids for me.  
Jack had fun playing with his cousins, Alex & Jonathan.
The little ones had fun playing too.  Grandma had said that they could play with anything in her house - they couldn't hurt a thing.  I am not sure that she had this in mind...
While we wouldn't encourage the usage of stamps in this way, it was hilarious.  The kids were so proud of covering Asher in "stickers"... about $10 worth of them.  :)  

Maybe one of the reasons for the "stamp-incident" is that there are so many babies to take care of.  :)  The grown-ups get a little distracted between all the kiddos, the game playing, the meal cooking, and the football watching.  We don't mind... I guess that it is worth $10.  Actually, this was the first year in a while that I was able to relax a bit and not be on my toes the whole time as I cared for a little one (and a couple of big ones), so I empathize with the fun accompanied by a whole lot of work that these mommies had to juggle while at a new place with more than one kid.  But aren't these Little Bitties just adorable?
I thought that it was hilarious to see Chloe with Grandad's big, huge remote control.  Seeing it next to her even makes it seem bigger than it really is.
~ Ainsley ~
Look at those eyes!!!
Cooper and Claire did their part to help with the babies.  :)  I think Claire would walk around with them on her hip if anyone would let her.  She adores babies!  Good thing she has one coming to her house in just a few months.
Mostly, we just spent time together.  Grandma & Grandad's house is such a comfortable place filled with gobs of love, and it was wonderful to get to spend time together there with them.

 Grandad still holds us on his lap when he gets a chance.
Allie took this cool picture of Claire peeking over the table.
~ Skyler ~
I love this girl so much!
~ my dad & mom ~
I think that they are still a bit shocked at the chaos that we all create each time that we are all together.  :)
Daddy's Lap - a good place to be!

3 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Great pictures! What special memories.

Sara said...

Aaaaahhhh!

Mama Jeannie said...

Such fun pictures Amy. I loved it that all of us could be at Gma and Gdad's house at the same time. It was a good chaos, wasn't it?

Related Posts with Thumbnails