Thursday, January 8, 2009

A Little Of This & A Little Of That (day 4)

On our fourth day in Colorado, New Year's Day, we spent time putting puzzles together, reading books, playing games, playing in the snow, cooking, and running into Telluride - I couldn't let a trip to Roxann's come and go without a trip to The Free Box. We knew that the next day we had to head back to Texas, so we soaked in as much of the mountains and the family as we could.


~ putting a puzzle together ~
I think that we did 2 on this day.
Uncle David always takes time to read books to the little ones. He must have made this one - Old Bear - seem pretty special because Cooper has told me numerous times since we have been home about how he would like to have an Old Bear book "like in Colorado".
~ Allie & Jack by the completed igloo ~
I had to take a picture of this oxymoronical (Is that a word?) moment.
~ Corey in shorts, a t-shirt, & no shoes and Cooper in snow clothes... with snow all over the place... What's wrong with this picture? ~
That night when the sun set, it was beautiful. I don't even think that that word (or these pictures) adequately describes it. As if the mountains are not splendid enough - the sun glowing on their peaks was amazing.
We all went out on the deck to take pictures of it, and of course Allie got some great ones.


~ 3 of my brothers-in-law ~
Mack, Windell, & David
A few other misc. pictures from the week:

Our niece, Sarah, and her little family were only there the first night/ morning that we were, so I was not able to take many pictures of them. I snapped these as they were loading up to leave.

~ Uncle John & the kiddos ~

That's it for my Colorado posts... Did you wonder if they were going to go on forever? Allie has hundreds more photos on her camera, so you just never know - they might. :) For me though, that's it. Time to move on to a new year of blogging... Here's to 2009 and all that is to come.

1 comment:

Mama Jeannie said...

I LOVE all these Colorado Powell family photos! So glad you all could be together for a few days. Looks like you had soooo much fun... except for the sick part.

Related Posts with Thumbnails